Thread: private athletic foundation

Default private athletic foundation

Why doesn't UL have a private athletic foundation? THIS MAKES NO SENSE WHATSOEVER! Maybe this topic has already been covered and I hate to beat a dead horse. Can anyone tell me why? What is it that dr.a thinks is bad about having a private fund? How can he possibly believe this wouldn't help grow the athletic dept. and in turn help the university as a whole! And by the way, I thought dinosaurs were extinct! How has the authement-a-saur gone undetected? This just baffles and infuriates me!

Default Re: private athletic foundation

When I was in school I was told Dr A was scared to death of booster orgs getting to much power.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesthejeweler
    Why doesn't UL have a private athletic foundation? THIS MAKES NO SENSE WHATSOEVER! Maybe this topic has already been covered and I hate to beat a dead horse. Can anyone tell me why? What is it that dr.a thinks is bad about having a private fund? How can he possibly believe this wouldn't help grow the athletic dept. and in turn help the university as a whole! And by the way, I thought dinosaurs were extinct! How has the authement-a-saur gone undetected? This just baffles and infuriates me!

Definitely an old topic, however, an important one. I tried putting together the groundwork to get it started, but did not have any luck getting it started. I still have the paperwork and all i need is to get is the non-profit status in order to work my magic.

Quote Originally Posted by lxa656
    Definitely an old topic, however, an important one. I tried putting together the groundwork to get it started, but did not have any luck getting it started. I still have the paperwork and all i need is to get is the non-profit status in order to work my magic.

let's do it

Quote Originally Posted by jamesthejeweler
    Why doesn't UL have a private athletic foundation? THIS MAKES NO SENSE WHATSOEVER!
    It takes money to start these things. I would sell the horse farm and use the money to start a Ragin' Cajun Athletic Foundation separate from the alumni association.

You need to break out the paper work and lets get this thing rolling

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    You need to break out the paper work and lets get this thing rolling

Ive tried! I can do it again, but I need to get the NON PROFIT status! If there is anyone out here that can get that done, then lets roll.

As for money, I already have that part covered! I have a fundraiser in place, or at least that would be in place if i had the non profit status that will give us the boost that is necessary.

Ive tried! I can do it again, but I need to get the NON PROFIT status! If there is anyone out here that can get that done, then lets roll.

As for money, I already have that part covered! I have a fundraiser in place, or at least that would be in place if i had the non profit status that will give us the boost that is necessary.

Hopefully someone on here will read it and be able to help out. Maybe post something on the delphi board too.

I know you tried but John sometimes you have to try harder lol

I know you tried but John sometimes you have to try harder lol

Well quit being drunk, fat, and stupid and help me out!

I have posted on delphi before and in fact emailed to one person all the information, but i never heard anything back. The door is still open, just looking for someone to help me that one thing done and I will open the door for the rest.

Well quit being drunk, fat, and stupid and help me out!

I have posted on delphi before and in fact emailed to one person all the information, but i never heard anything back. The door is still open, just looking for someone to help me that one thing done and I will open the door for the rest.

This is a new Jared, a Jared who has been on a diet and has dropped some weight so you can call me drunk and stupid all you want but lay off the fat.

This is a new Jared, a Jared who has been on a diet and has dropped some weight so you can call me drunk and stupid all you want but lay off the fat.

Oh, so you are now eating only a half dozen of popeyes biscuits during a sitting instead of a full dozen? Well done, keep it up!

Oh, so you are now eating only a half dozen of popeyes biscuits during a sitting instead of a full dozen? Well done, keep it up!
    Hahaha your a funny guy John...While I was training to take the hotdog eating contest I might have had a few biscuits to train but not now. Fast food is no longer part of my vocab.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: private athletic foundation

Hate to break in on such a riveting conversation, but what exactly do you need in order to gain Non-Profit status for the organization? :confused: :confused:

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun
    Hate to break in on such a riveting conversation, but what exactly do you need in order to gain Non-Profit status for the organization? :confused: :confused:

Something to help everyone on this subject, I found this website that explains the basics of getting one started. I didn't know how starting one played out, but this answered most of my questions.

http://www.managementhelp.org/strt_o...np/strt_np.htm

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun
    You have to file paperwork with the Feds. It is a pretty lengthy process, with the feds returning the paperwork at least 2 or 3 times asking for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77
    You have to file paperwork with the Feds. It is a pretty lengthy process, with the feds returning the paperwork at least 2 or 3 times asking for more info.

Pretty much. It is something that would best if I could find an attorney to do it, however, it doesnt need to be. I just know that I looked at the paperwork and i thought i was reading another language. It is certainly something that would be easier with someone that has gone through it before.