Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Latest Conference Tidbit from Adam Sparks

Default Re: Latest Conference Tidbit from Adam Sparks

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Word is La Tech's visit was a short one. They flew them into Monroe...mistake 1. They flew them in with Terry Bradshaw...mistake 2. They flew them in to Monroe with Terry Bradshaw, and then had to drive them 40 miles west into Ruston...mistake 3. I smell 2005 happening all over again.
    According to FlightAware, Louisiana Tech (Davison's jet) flew into Colorado Springs early this morning, made a pit stop at Dallas Love Field, and landed in Ruston at 10:45 this morning. They did not land in Monroe and drive "40 miles" west to Ruston.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N181XP

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/to...mwc-officials/

Also, according to Jonathan Ford at BleedTechBlue.com on an interview with Fox and Company on ESPN 97.7 radio, the visit by the CUSA/MWC officials in Ruston today is the final visit the officials will make for possible conference expansion. They will visit no other schools after the meeting at Ruston today.

Geaux is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

When are we going to start assessing student athletic fees like the rest of the country? We must face it that we are in a small market and a weak conference, we are going to literally pay for Dr. Authment's lack of foresight! Student fees will pay dividends, in better facilities and coaches which in turn garners national attention for the university. Student fees along with a growing RCAF will place us in the right position for a better conference to take a serious look at us. It makes no sense a start -up program like Georgia St has a 22 million dollar athletic budget and UL possibly operates on half of that.

$300 Student athletic fees per year x 16,000 student = $4,800,000.00

Here is your down payment to start on the new baseball field, start a marketing campaign
    and pay Coach Hudspeth his $1,000,000!!!

Geaux is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    According to FlightAware, Louisiana Tech (Davison's jet) flew into Colorado Springs early this morning, made a pit stop at Dallas Love Field, and landed in Ruston at 10:45 this morning. They did not land in Monroe and drive "40 miles" west to Ruston.

....and we now have a troll, LOL!

CajunEXPRESS is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Football Re: Latest Conference Tidbit from Adam Sparks

He just wants to keep us real. ;*(
    Can't be funning the LaNecks

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post

Also, according to Jonathan Ford at BleedTechBlue.com on an interview with Fox and Company on ESPN 97.7 radio, the visit by the CUSA/MWC officials in Ruston today is the final visit the officials will make for possible conference expansion. They will visit no other schools after the meeting at Ruston today.
    Just like in 2005 when they visited Tech...and then accepted UTEP without a visit. Sounds like you guys are still fishing in the same ____ty hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post
    When are we going to start assessing student athletic fees like the rest of the country? We must face it that we are in a small market and a weak conference, we are going to literally pay for Dr. Authment's lack of foresight! Student fees will pay dividends, in better facilities and coaches which in turn garners national attention for the university. Student fees along with a growing RCAF will place us in the right position for a better conference to take a serious look at us. It makes no sense a start -up program like Georgia St has a 22 million dollar athletic budget and UL possibly operates on half of that.

Here is your down payment to start on the new baseball field, start a marketing campaign
    I agree, we need stufent fees. But, the last time I checked, Tech doesn't have student fees either. Didn't stop them from seeking a better conference affiliation and they just might get it. OTOH, we do get to continue our wonderful relationship with ULM.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    Just an ironic note, this flight just landed in Lafayette.

BOARD OF SUPERVISORS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF LA SYST
    RUSTON LA

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N566SP
    So, the "BOARD OF SUPERVISORS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF LA SYST" bases a Cessna 172 trainer in Ruston? I'm guessing it is a state-owned plane for the Tech professional aviation school.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    Just like in 2005 when they visited Tech...and then accepted UTEP without a visit.
    Nah, I think this visit was just to issue a restraining order...

How would yall react if LaTech did get an invite to CUSA/Alliance?

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg88 View Post
    Mid week games don't mean anything...

I don't know - congrats on boarding the RMS Carpathia?

NUTS"

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

You actually have a handful of fans that aren't egotistical a-holes, so I would be be extremely happy for them...(they know who they are)

Other than that... meh...

Z

i would love it, so when we wax that ___ on the football field it will actually mean something

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux View Post

I agree with assessing student fees and recently emailed Scott Framer about it.

Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    i would love it, so when we wax that ___ on the football field it will actually mean something
    Yes... and Davison told CUSA officials that he can afford a lot more blue tarps if that's a sticking point.

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

---Well I would think that if they would take Tech over UL they would being a disservice to their conference since UL offers so much more

market, population, enrollment, and the future growth of all of these in comparison to tech's future

-The only thing that tech can show better is the past as the result of our former administration sitting on their ___

In less than 2 years we have almost made up for the last 10-20 of inactive pursuits of excellence!!!!

LoTech getting into the alliance would be a boost for them, just with the perception that they were wanted, and selected among other Universities. No telling in the long run if it would work out, but I for one would like to be playing some of those teams on a regular basis more than what we have now; ie USM, Tulane, E. Carolina, etc. The Sun Belt has improved, but I don't care for the constant adding of FCS schools. This just proves where the conference stands, and even though it's better than the WAC, that's not saying much. UL should be pursuing an upward path. What that path is not not clear at this time due to all this conference realigning. Just staying put in the Sun Belt, while losing fellow members, is the easiest thing to do, but is it the best? I don't think it is. We are given no clue as to what UL wants to do. We have so many people that are satisfied with with just winning some Sun Belt games and getting to the New Orleans bowl. It's a great start, but there's more to aim for.

I think I would cry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2