_ _ _ _

Thread: Congrats to Coach Robe

Default Congrats to Coach Robe

I happen to think this was his best coaching job since he got here and it is a shame it is going unrewarded...

Given what he lost from last year's team...

Given the way the team started with a couple of baffling collapses in late innings..

Given the start.....being what 12-11 at one point??

Given he loses his closer right before the tournament....

Given that he had only 4 arms to rely upon....

to have this team earn a regional bid in most minds..other than the SEC...errr... NCAA Selection committee.... was phenominal...

Congrats Coach.... you are the BEST in the country and we are very fortunate to have you.........

Blog Entries

Default Re: Congrats to Coach Robe

Great job, Robe was robbed.

Dad04 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

A great coaching job across the board! Thank you very much...

DaddyCajun is offline Dig deep UL will Prosper! Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

UL Baseball Re: Congrats to Coach Robe

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04
    A great coaching job across the board!
    Yes I agree!! Next season will be great!! Pitching we should have everyone back that made a difference this past season and we have a whole bunch of talented youth coming in and that had redshirted. The PROGRAM's future looks bright!

Thanks Robe and staff for another great season!

DaddyCajun

I agree with all that has said. I did not make that many games this year due to some physical problems, but the ones I did I enjoyed!! What was really enjoyable was the fan support at the games. Attendance was good. Any idea of what the average attendance was for home games?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCharlie
    I agree with all that has said. I did not make that many games this year due to some physical problems.
    How are you feeling these days? Good I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    How are you feeling these days? Good I hope.
    About the same. Have another appointment with the neurosurgeon to see when the boucherie takes place.

Check your email for some RV info.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04
    A great coaching job across the board! Thank you very much...

I can't wait till next season. Man what fun it will be!

Best wishes to our team and coaching staff, and especially to our departing seniors.

UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Congrats to Coach Robe

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKahouna

I can't wait till next season. Man what fun it will be!

Best wishes to our team and coaching staff, and especially to our departing seniors.
    And maybe some departing juniors.

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by SaintlyCajun
    I happen to think this was his best coaching job since he got here and it is a shame it is going unrewarded...
    I hope that the job wasn't good enough to be offered the LSU job---Did Tony interview last go around??

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer
    I hope that the job wasn't good enough to be offered the LSU job---Did Tony interview last go around??
    My biggest fear is that we lose Tony to LSpuke. I have heard rumors that Tony is the next in line for the job. Hope it is just rumor.

On a positive note, I to want to congratulate the coaching staff and the players on one hell of a season. They far exceeded my expectations, especially after the way the season started. I feel very bad for the seniors in that they will not be able to experience post season play. Best of luck to them in the future no matter what they do in life. Once a Cajun, always a Cajun. Next year should be very exciting.

GEAUX CAJUNS

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer
    No worries I don't think.. First he just signed his son to play with the Cajuns and I think he doesn't want to miss those years.. Second, the Tigue is his baby... he built it and the program... Just a guess but i think he has more loyalty than a certain softball coach who ran to the $$$$$'s.. Finally I also think the A&M fans would have a bit of heartburn since the rgional a few years back

"I won't apologize for the name written accross my uniform chest"..... Robe

They expect adoration when you walk on the hallowed ground and Tony wouldn't do it

I think Robe is here for awhile......

No worries I don't think.. First he just signed his son to play with the Cajuns and I think he doesn't want to miss those years.. Second, the Tigue is his baby... he built it and the program... Just a guess but i think he has more loyalty than a certain softball coach who ran to the $$$$$'s.. Finally I also think the A&M fans would have a bit of heartburn since the rgional a few years back

"I won't apologize for the name written accross my uniform chest"..... Robe

They expect adoration when you walk on the hallowed ground and Tony wouldn't do it

I think Robe is here for awhile......
    Robe did not want to follow a legend. He did not try to get the job when Smoke was taken. I really, really doubt Robe is high on the LSU list of potential coaches, assuming Smoke is beheaded. LSU faithful want a national search One that includes those coaches who have gone to and had success at the CWS. A local favorite who they prefer to Robe would be favorite son at Ole Miss. He has a free pass on his contract if he choses to go to LSU, in other words no bye out clause.

A serious bid for Robe by LSU in my opinion would send him to Baton Rouge for all the obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Express
    A serious bid for Robe by LSU in my opinion would send him to Baton Rouge for all the obvious reasons.
    We will agree to disagree on this one my friend... I really don't think Robe is going anywhere... he may use an offer or interest if it were to come his way to get some concessions from Dr A.... use his leverage for whatever peanuts would be thrown his way... but again I dont think he is going anywhere.... especially with his son coming in next year... jmo

We will agree to disagree on this one my friend... I really don't think Robe is going anywhere... he may use an offer or interest if it were to come his way to get some concessions from Dr A.... use his leverage for whatever peanuts would be thrown his way... but again I dont think he is going anywhere.... especially with his son coming in next year... jmo
    SaintlyCajun, I do not want to come off as being anti Robe, and I fear that some of my comments appear that way, but that is not the case. I am trying to keep a level head on this whole issue. One more thing, Robes kid can go to any college he chooses, he can follow his dad with a simple stoke of the pen from the current head coach.