Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11
Results 201 to 220 of 220

Thread: Ragin' Cajuns head to CIT in Post Season Basketball

  1. #201
    CajunRed's Avatar
    CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,301

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns head to CIT in Post Season Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by Chop View Post
    No I dont hate BWK
    BWK is a double edge sword.
    Sometimes I love his passion, and sometimes I hate it.
    We have gotten into some real knockdown drag outs over the years.

    It always passes.
    He just needs to realize its ok to have strong opinions as long as he allows other people to have strong opinions to.

    And quit taking not agreeing with him personally.

    He thinks that if you disagree with him you are making some sort of personal attack.
    Just not the case.

    You are a SAINT!

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,038
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    The Cajuns had eight turnovers in the first half and seven in the second half.

    The Cajuns shot 46.7% (14-of-30) overall in the first half and 28.6% (8-of-28) in the second half.

    The Cajuns shot 16.7% (1-of-6) on free throws in the first half and 54.5% (12-of-22) in the second half.

    It's simple, really. The Cajuns missed 15 free throws, leaving 15 points on the floor - in a five-point loss.

    If you want to go deeper, the Cajuns went 5:09 without scoring after Josh Brown's 3 gave them a 54-51 lead with 6:21 left. Rice responded with a 12-0 run. The Cajuns had only one turnover during that stretch but had four missed free throws.

    Based on those facts, turnovers were not the deciding factor in the loss. Not that I expect that to stop you from changing the subject again in an attempt to win some sort of argument.
    Would you happen to have a link with those stats broken down as well as stats of the other games as well? TIA. Assuming this info is correct, it was all that needed to be stated to properly rebut my recollection. I didn't need the endless personal attacks from the peanut brigade to change my mind when statistical evidence would work just fine. I'll be happy to admit my error based upon this information. This is what I would refer to as becoming better informed. I didn't need the endless character assassinations for standing up for what I believe to be correct, when a little bit of lnowledge would have won the day.

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Would you happen to have a link with those stats broken down as well as stats of the other games as well? TIA. Assuming this info is correct, it was all that needed to be stated to properly rebut my recollection. I didn't need the endless personal attacks from the peanut brigade to change my mind when statistical evidence would work just fine. I'll be happy to admit my error based upon this information. This is what I would refer to as becoming better informed. I didn't need the endless character assassinations for standing up for what I believe to be correct, when a little bit of lnowledge would have won the day.
    Look in the mirror BWK. All I did was state an opinion based upon my experience, without a lick of personal attack. You responded by attacking my professional abilitities, of which you know nothing. If you dont want to be attacked personally then dont do it to others. Disagreeing with you does not constitute a personal attack.

  4. #204
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,902

    UL Basketball Re: Ragin' Cajuns head to CIT in Post Season Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Would you happen to have a link with those stats broken down as well as stats of the other games as well? TIA. Assuming this info is correct, it was all that needed to be stated to properly rebut my recollection. I didn't need the endless personal attacks from the peanut brigade to change my mind when statistical evidence would work just fine. I'll be happy to admit my error based upon this information. This is what I would refer to as becoming better informed. I didn't need the endless character assassinations for standing up for what I believe to be correct, when a little bit of lnowledge would have won the day.
    I am pretty sure he went to the UL website and looked up the play by play, and did the math for you.

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,038
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns head to CIT in Post Season Basketball

    I'm on job right now & don't know the website & page you are referring to.


  6. #206

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns head to CIT in Post Season Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Would you happen to have a link with those stats broken down as well as stats of the other games as well? TIA. Assuming this info is correct, it was all that needed to be stated to properly rebut my recollection. I didn't need the endless personal attacks from the peanut brigade to change my mind when statistical evidence would work just fine. I'll be happy to admit my error based upon this information. This is what I would refer to as becoming better informed. I didn't need the endless character assassinations for standing up for what I believe to be correct, when a little bit of lnowledge would have won the day.
    Those are the official stats. You take the time to find them yourself if you don't believe me. I have better things to do with my afternoon. Such fact-finding might actually help you in the future.

    On another note, disagreeing with your observations or opinions is not a personal attack or character assassination. You've called people losers and handed out personal jabs. There's no need on my part to assassinate your character. You've already hurt your own credibility and character plenty here and on the radio. It's really pretty sad and pathetic.

    In conclusion, you look like a baby when you act like a victim in all of this. Be a man and accept the fact you've brought this on yourself. And if you don't like the response you're getting here, stop reacting like a child whenever people don't pat you on the back when you share your observations. Or just keep some thoughts to yourself if your feelings are going to get hurt when they don't agree.

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,604

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns head to CIT in Post Season Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    Bandwagoneer... I think your inner circle just shrank by one.
    This is Bandwagon:

    Name:  Hangover_One_Man_Wolfpack_Navy_Shirt.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  44.1 KB

  8. #208
    CajunEXPRESS's Avatar
    CajunEXPRESS is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    12,902

    UL Basketball Re: Ragin' Cajuns head to CIT in Post Season Basketball

    Ok, here it is, but I am not doing the math for you.

    http://ragincajunslive.sidearmsports...2.htm#GAME.PLY


  9. #209
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,688

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns head to CIT in Post Season Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    The Cajuns had eight turnovers in the first half and seven in the second half.

    The Cajuns shot 46.7% (14-of-30) overall in the first half and 28.6% (8-of-28) in the second half.

    The Cajuns shot 16.7% (1-of-6) on free throws in the first half and 54.5% (12-of-22) in the second half.

    It's simple, really. The Cajuns missed 15 free throws, leaving 15 points on the floor - in a five-point loss.

    If you want to go deeper, the Cajuns went 5:09 without scoring after Josh Brown's 3 gave them a 54-51 lead with 6:21 left. Rice responded with a 12-0 run. The Cajuns had only one turnover during that stretch but had four missed free throws.

    Based on those facts, turnovers were not the deciding factor in the loss. Not that I expect that to stop you from changing the subject again in an attempt to win some sort of argument.

    often wondered if the number of one and ones are factored in

    -Is that shown in the box score???? because one would think that the FT % would be higher than the regular or 3 pt shot average

    maybe not for the Cajuns

    but suppose that We missed the front end of 5-10 one and one FTs

    That is what??? possible 10-20 points ____ed away!!!!


  10. #210
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,038
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Parrott View Post
    Those are the official stats. You take the time to find them yourself if you don't believe me. I have better things to do with my afternoon. Such fact-finding might actually help you in the future.

    On another note, disagreeing with your observations or opinions is not a personal attack or character assassination. You've called people losers and handed out personal jabs. There's no need on my part to assassinate your character. You've already hurt your own credibility and character plenty here and on the radio. It's really pretty sad and pathetic.

    In conclusion, you look like a baby when you act like a victim in all of this. Be a man and accept the fact you've brought this on yourself. And if you don't like the response you're getting here, stop reacting like a child whenever people don't pat you on the back when you share your observations. Or just keep some thoughts to yourself if your feelings are going to get hurt when they don't agree.
    Is there a GD link in your snivelling reply? I swear to God. Every time I make an attempt to find out the facts the amount of -fumble- shown by some folks is overwhelming. FWI Josh , a simple llink would have done your Marlin is the man case a lot more good. Now I don't believe your GD stats without absolute double checking. Wonder why? Look At the _______s talking about the Saints in ignorance.

    BTW, how many gams did you attend for the third time?

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,038
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Ok, here it is, but I am not doing the math for you.

    http://ragincajunslive.sidearmsports...2.htm#GAME.PLY
    Thanks CE In all of this you are the one fan who has shown total honesty in your desire for the betterment of the program.

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    3,604

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns head to CIT in Post Season Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Is there a GD link in your snivelling reply? I swear to God. Every time I make an attempt to find out the facts the amount of -fumble- shown by some folks is overwhelming. FWI Josh , a simple llink would have done your Marlin is the man case a lot more good. Now I don't believe your GD stats without absolute double checking. Wonder why? Look At the _______s talking about the Saints in ignorance.

    BTW, how many gams did you attend for the third time?
    Ever thought about getting the GD facts right BEFORE you try making a point????

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    1,786

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns head to CIT in Post Season Basketball

    The most obvious point to this thread is that Bandwagon King is a Bustle lover.


  14. #214
    MelRock's Avatar
    MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns head to CIT in Post Season Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    Ever thought about getting the GD facts right BEFORE you try making a point????
    He doesn't want the facts to get in the way of a good story.

  15. #215
    CajunRed's Avatar
    CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,301

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns head to CIT in Post Season Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by duggie85 View Post
    Ever thought about getting the GD facts right BEFORE you try making a point????
    You miss the point of his posts. He likes the idea that every thread eventually becomes about him. He likes the attention. It's the same with most of his calls...although at least with Jay he finally realized a while back that those were hurting his show and now he cuts him off.

  16. #216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Is there a GD link in your snivelling reply? I swear to God. Every time I make an attempt to find out the facts the amount of -fumble- shown by some folks is overwhelming. FWI Josh , a simple llink would have done your Marlin is the man case a lot more good. Now I don't believe your GD stats without absolute double checking. Wonder why? Look At the _______s talking about the Saints in ignorance.

    BTW, how many gams did you attend for the third time?
    Kyle, I already answered your questions. So sorry your can't handle the truth. How ironic that you don't believe the facts but actually believe some of the silly stuff you say/write. I feel sorry for you. Perhaps try anger management? Have a great day!

  17. #217
    CajunRed's Avatar
    CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    8,301

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns head to CIT in Post Season Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Is there a GD link in your snivelling reply? I swear to God. Every time I make an attempt to find out the facts the amount of -fumble- shown by some folks is overwhelming. FWI Josh , a simple llink would have done your Marlin is the man case a lot more good. Now I don't believe your GD stats without absolute double checking. Wonder why? Look At the _______s talking about the Saints in ignorance.

    BTW, how many gams did you attend for the third time?
    Wagon boy...did you suffer some kind of severe blow to the head when you were young?



    Also...you went to only TWO. Shut up!

  18. #218
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    17,912
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns head to CIT in Post Season Basketball

    BWK has a novel way of viewing things. Sometimes it pays off. BIG! Sometimes it doesn't pan out. Duh?

    The idea of designing an offense where your passes are with your favored hand is interesting. It WOULD cut down on turnovers. IF the ball was in the right hand at the right time.

    It is just impossible to implement. Your open teamamte can be anywhere at any time and you have to be able to pass the ball with whichever hand has the ball.

    jmo


  19. #219
    Boomer's Avatar
    Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    18,688

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns head to CIT in Post Season Basketball

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    BWK has a novel way of viewing things. Sometimes it pays off. BIG! Sometimes it doesn't pan out. Duh?

    The idea of designing an offense where your passes are with your favored hand is interesting. It WOULD cut down on turnovers. IF the ball was in the right hand at the right time.

    It is just impossible to implement. Your open teamamte can be anywhere at any time and you have to be able to pass the ball with whichever hand has the ball.

    jmo

    ---Except for shots from outside 3-5 feet

    basketball is an ambidextrous sport---the better a player is with the use of both hands the better---shooting, passing, dribbling, and even defensively stealing and blocking passes!!!! Also to a great extent it is a game of kinesthetic awareness where there is a basic feel of the ball with out visual need to perform the motor skill

    -Z--just think about having to look at your finger placements when taking a ride!!!! Same thing here where the ball basically becomes another part of the body!!!!


  20. #220
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    1,461

    Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns head to CIT in Post Season Basketball

    Right side, left side. It doesn't really matter. A cutter coming from the wing pick will be moving TOWARD the basket either side. If the direction is reversed, passing to someone darting to the sideline 35' from the basket doesn't accomplish much and it adds 3 bodies in the passing lane. Seriously, let that mental picture marinate a minute. With the lack of perimeter shooting this team has, cuts toward the baskets are necessary. We would see some back door pop outs for Brown when he was isolated on the weak side..... By design as Brown is the only one that could jab step and be a threat or get to hole any and every time. On another note, I don't think Brown finished well once he got in the paint. He became very timid and would sometimes put up an awkward shot or look to pass 3' from the basket.


Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •