Thread: Lady Cajuns WIN - Schambough Hits Game Winner

Default Lady Cajuns WIN - Schambough Hits Game Winner

Bradi Schambough helped the Ragin’ Cajuns women’s basketball team get a huge monkey off their back by knocking down a game winning three to defeat Nebraska Omaha 62-60 in overtime at Earl K. Long Gym Monday afternoon.

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Congratulations to Brandi Schambough

The junior walkon played only eleven seconds in the game, but hit the game winning three pointer with eight seconds left in overtime.

Cajun women broke their 17-game losing streak, beating Nebraska-Omaha 62-60.

Schambough is a product of STM.

Default Re: Congratulations to Brandi Schambough

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post
    The junior walkon played only eleven seconds in the game, but hit the game winning three pointer with eight seconds left in overtime.

Schambough is from Carencro.
    Channel 3 just reported a loss 57-50??

BirdofParadise is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

That's their problem.

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise View Post

Schambough is from Carencro and a product of STM.
    Wow, thats cool!! Congrats to Brandi!!

Z

Evidently TV3 got the score from the live stats...seems the live stats were screwed up...they even have the Schambough girl down for a turnover in regulation but how can that be if she only played in the OT...just looked on Ragincajun.com and they have the score as 62-60...so BirdofParadise is right...Schambough is from Youngsville...I believe her cousin Kraig Schambough who pitched for the Cajuns a few years ago is from Carencro...a win is always good...the girls deserved it

Kraig Schamboug was one helluva pitcher! His dad always chatted up my dad and I.

What an exciting, clutch shot from Shambough. It was heartwarming to see two of her teammates carry her off on their shoulders. Just great!
    This team has had a tough time this year. The inspiring thing about them is they've played extremely hard throughout the games. It's gratifying to see this intensity pay off today. Congratulations to the coaches and players.

know they need to go after a couple LADY LION players from Lafayette

Boomer is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Congrats to the Ladies ---but to think it has come to this ---I would hope the guy resigns but probably will have to fire him---NEVER should have gotten the job---Can somebody tell who his connection is that got him the job????

Blog Entries

This is a sweet sweet victory.

A coworker of mine is a UN-Omaha grad...I should text him!...I just did

Sabre Sarradet and jasmine king is who they should get from that Lafayette high team

Default Re: Lady Cajuns WIN - Schambough Hits Game Winner as Cajuns Snap 17 Game Skid

Well that certainly took long enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Congrats to the Ladies ---but to think it has come to this ---I would hope the guy resigns but probably will have to fire him---NEVER should have gotten the job---Can somebody tell who his connection is that got him the job????
    A nice win for the ladies and good job by her. But, isn't UN Omaha a Division II or Division III school? With apologies to UNO, this program has really sunk low when a win like that is pretty much the highlight of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    A nice win for the ladies and good job by her. But, isn't UN Omaha a Division II or Division III school? With apologies to UNO, this program has really sunk low when a win like that is pretty much the highlight of the season.
    It's Nebraska Omaha's 1st year in Div 1

Congrats to the ladies. It has been a very long, depressing season, so it is undoubtedly hard to keep their heads up. I am proud of them for doing just that and getting rewarded with a 'W'.