_ _ _ _
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Results 81 to 100 of 100

Thread: Errol Rogers

  1. #81
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    lafayette
    Posts
    950

    Default Re: Rogers Resigns At UL

    Quote Originally Posted by Crawfish View Post
    2 Questions;

    1. Is Louis Cook available?

    2. Can he coach womens basketball?

    (sorry, someone had to do it!)

    How about someone else with the last name Cook?

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,986

    Default Re: Rogers Resigns At UL

    Why is it we always discuss high school coaches for our head coaching jobs? We aren't DII...


  3. #83
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    491

    Default Re: Rogers Resigns At UL

    Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Memo to Getthefactsfirst: Track was so-so? LOL... Badeaux has three kids in the indoor national championships in his first year. Depth will come with time, and we will be better outdoors than indoors. Maybe you should follow your name's advice.
    FACT: Didn't you say the same about Silvy when hired? ROTFLMFAO! This one was a "C" hire. FACT: All qualifiers mentioned = inherited and would have gone without his tutelage. THEY got HIM a trip to Idaho. FACT: Someone else coaches two of them; the third was "expected" to be there if warm and breathing. FACT: Runners don't see the guy. Moreover, FACT: NONE came remotely close to qualifying...either those inherited or recruited. His distance coach and throws coach are better known and will make him look better than the credentials typify. Probably a good guy, but so was Rogers. FACT:

    Brodhead be 'da man. A no brainer. However, so was Schexnayder and the Houston guy but we saw how that turned out. And what about (FACT ) TROY's magnificent super flush into SBC T&F oblivion? NOT a GREAT hiring record trotting around here for that sport.

    Carr ain't needed for this gig. Just some common sense.

    How's THAT for my "name" THaNG and 'da FACTS??

  4. #84
    VObserver's Avatar
    VObserver is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Abbeville, LA
    Posts
    5,836

    Default Re: Rogers Resigns At UL

    Fact: His ASU squads have consistantly performed at or near the top of the conference. Fact: He recognized the skills of the throws and jumps coaches and kept them on staff. Hey, if I was hiring, I would have hired Schex, too; but that does not make this a bad hire, or even a so-so one.


  5. #85
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    491

    Default Re: Rogers Resigns At UL

    on a 1-10 compared to hiring Schex, it's a 1


  6. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    21,074
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GetTheFacts1st View Post
    . . .FACT: All qualifiers mentioned = inherited and would have gone without his tutelage. THEY got HIM a trip to Idaho. FACT: Someone else coaches two of them; the third was "expected" to be there if warm and breathing.
    You are describing someone who knows how to run a "program."

  7. #87
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    343

    Default Re: Errol Rogers

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Brad, you make some great points here. I, like you, do think there is a parallel with this hire and the previous softball hire. I believe that a Broahead hire would be as credit worthy or more than the Lotief hire was in softball and look how good that turned out. As Express said, one was a great player here and the other was an amateur coach but Broadhead has coached on both levels albeit not a head coach in college. However, what do we have to lose with that hire if it comes down to it? The softball tradition had been established with Yvette and the women's tradition is dark and gloomy to say the least. He would have no previous landmarks to live up to as JKH was unfortunately not here long enough to establish this program. Gary wants to be here and I agree that he would be here for a long time regardless of success.
    I asked this question before but did not get an answer. Why not hire the McNeese Head Coach or is Broadhead better? It seems to me we could hire both of them from McNeese.

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,107
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Errol Rogers

    I asked this question before but did not get an answer. Why not hire the McNeese Head Coach or is Broadhead better? It seems to me we could hire both of them from McNeese.

    Yes Broadhead is better.


  9. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    21,074
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Errol Rogers

    Quote Originally Posted by alum81 View Post
    I asked this question before but did not get an answer. Why not hire the McNeese Head Coach or is Broadhead better? It seems to me we could hire both of them from McNeese.

    Yes Broadhead is better.
    I'm afraid if UL hires the McNeese coach . . . Broadhead gets the McNeese gig.

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    491

    Default Re: Errol Rogers

    If we are going to hire either one, it would be the one who leads the other during games....hint: the one who ran the show behind the scenes as the Cowgirls advanced to the NCAA's/ and "HE" would do just fine here.....

    No Carr
    Just hire the guy and quit wasting time ....and RCAF money.


  11. #91
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    491

    Default Re: Errol Rogers and the search for a replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    You are describing someone who knows how to run a "program."
    I didn't think you accepted mediocrity

  12. #92
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LAFAYETTE
    Posts
    10,106
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Errol Rogers and the search for a replacement

    Quote Originally Posted by GetTheFacts1st View Post
    I didn't think you accepted mediocrity
    I didn't think you accepted mediocrity"

    And how does that differ from one that suffers from the Unviersity of Pecan Island syndrome?

  13. Default Errol Rogers taking over LCA boys hoops program, Devin Lantier to replace Rogers as

    Errol Rogers will take over the LCA boys basketball program, while Rogers will be replaced by Lady Knights assistant coach Devin Lantier.



  14. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Louisiana A
    Posts
    21,074
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Errol Rogers

    Interesting


  15. #95
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    9,724

    Default Re: Errol Rogers

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Interesting
    I hope he recruits better there than he did at UL.....

  16. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4,485

    Default Re: Errol Rogers

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I hope he recruits better there than he did at UL.....
    savage

  17. #97
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I hope he recruits better there than he did at UL.....
    HAHA

  18. #98
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    2,819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I hope he recruits better there than he did at UL.....
    LCA recruiting budget is bigger than UL's. He'll do just fine!

  19. #99
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    17,000

    Default Re: Errol Rogers

    Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    LCA recruiting budget is bigger than UL's. He'll do just fine!
    body bag

  20. #100
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    9,724

    Default Re: Errol Rogers

    Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    LCA recruiting budget is bigger than UL's. He'll do just fine!
    LOL. You know, you are probably right.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •