_ _ _ _
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Steve Gleason Story

Default Re: The Steve Gleason Story

Wasn't able to watch it live because of work, but I saw it this morning via a friend's facebook posting. Wow. I mean, just wow. Steve's wife struck it home for me when she said "It's not the loss of body functions that gets me depressed, it's the fact that he's losing his speaking ability. That's what gets me so upset, that I might not be able to hear his voice anymore, or that he might not be able to talk to his son."

I'm not married, nor have a child, but I soon will have all of that since I'm engaged. But man, Idk how I could go on living if I wasnt able to say a word to my beautiful children or lovely wife anymore. Which is why I thank God everyday for what he gives me man

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I wonder if that is Paul Variscoe''s daughter---looks just like him and a little like the wife Jill???-Paul for those that don't know is the singer for PV and the Milestones!!!

What a powerful story. We all like to think of ourselves as brave and selfless, but only in times of tragedy do we really find out what we are made of. Steve and his wife have definitely passed this test. Best of luck Gleason Family!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I wonder if that is Paul Variscoe''s daughter---looks just like him and a little like the wife Jill???-Paul for those that don't know is the singer for PV and the Milestones!!!

5. UL Football Steve Gleason speaks at New Orleans Entrepreneur Week

Former New Orleans Saints player Steve Gleason, who was diagnosed with ALS in 2011, makes a closing comment at New Orleans Entrepreneur Week about the future of technology.

6. UL Football Steve Gleason Will Announce New Orleans Saints' Third Round Pick at the NFL Draft

Gleason is one of 32 former players that will represent their former team at the NFL draft

7. UL Football What the national media are writing about the New Orleans Saints, NFL

Former New Orleans Saints linebacker Scott Fujita writes about Team Gleason's trip to Peru.ESPN.com's Pat Yasinskas says if the Tampa Bay Buccaneers complete their trade for Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis it wouldn't be the biggest trade in franchise history. About...

MelRock is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Atlanta Radio Station makes fun of Steve Gleason

So an Atlanta radio station 790 AM the Zone.

Here are some of the responces on twitter.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%40790TheZone&src=typd

Scott Fujita ‏@sfujita55 43m
    I'm going to reserve judgement until I hear this morning's playback from @790TheZone. But right now I'm enraged.

Stewart Cathey, Jr. ‏@stewartcatheyjr 49s
    @rflem24 @andym1134 @790TheZone 3 minute joke where they pretended that Steve Gleason called in and they asked him questions.

Default Re: Atlanta Radio Station makes fun of Steve Gleason

Some others picking up the story.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/6/1...-steve-gleason

From one of the talking heads

Nick Cellini ‏@NickCellini 2m
    My apologies to everyone. It was a stupid attempt at humor that backfired. Emphasis on stupid.

Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Cellini use to do the Nba broadcasts on TBS back in the day. I can't believe anyone would do this?

Z

Boomer is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Wow this is just really crazy---Gleason is married to a friend of mine in NO's daughter

Paul Varisco the singer has been with the Milestones band for years---I know that this didn't help a tough situation---what an _______ to even think this stuff!!!

BeauCajun is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Wow this is just really crazy---Gleason is married to a friend of mine in NO's daughter

Paul Varisco the singer has been with the Milestones band for years---I know that this didn't help a tough situation---what an _______ to even think this stuff!!!

The only "good" I can see coming out of all this is more awareness for ALS. Hopefully more money is raised for research.

Steve Gleason is my hero. My father-in-law passed away from ALS. He was my wife's hero.

CajunAmos is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

It was just noted on NOLA.com that the host has been suspended.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf..._allegedl.html

ZoomZoom is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post

A great read, well worth the click over to.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    So an Atlanta radio station 790 AM the Zone.

Here are some of the responces on twitter.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%40790TheZone&src=typd

Scott Fujita ‏@sfujita55 43m
    I'm going to reserve judgement until I hear this morning's playback from @790TheZone. But right now I'm enraged.

Stewart Cathey, Jr. ‏@stewartcatheyjr 49s
    @rflem24 @andym1134 @790TheZone 3 minute joke where they pretended that Steve Gleason called in and they asked him questions.
    karma is a beotch

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21 View Post
    Cellini use to do the Nba broadcasts on TBS back in the day. I can't believe anyone would do this?

Z
    That was his brother Vince Cellini, Nick is the doucher

Sometimes a little quality control is in order. If you think it's a funny idea...bounce it off a few people's heads to make sure it won't torpedo your career. In the creative process I'm sure this was a laugh riot...but now no one is laughing.

From their Facebook page.

Sports Radio 790 The Zone
    We deeply regret the comments made by Mayhem In The AM this morning on 790 The Zone regarding former New Orleans Saints player Steve Gleason. 790 The Zone, Lincoln Financial Media, our sponsors and partners in no way endorse or support the unfortunate and offensive commentary concerning Mr. Gleason this morning. The members of the show involved with this incident have been suspended indefinitely pending further management review of their actions.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast