_ _ _ _
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The uniqueness of going to the UL basketball game Tonight

Blog Entries

Default The uniqueness of going to the UL basketball game Tonight

For the first time since 2/19/2005 Ragin' Cajuns fans get to see a home game with their team having a winning record during the regular season in the Louisiana Cajun Dome. UL won that game vs UNT 80-67.

UL goes into Thursday's home game with a winning record 12-11. It should be a treat, it's been almost 7 years.

Thanks Coach Marlin.

Exceptions. I'm not counting winning an exhibition game and then hosting a game to start the season.

I'm not counting the neutral court SBC tourney game on 3/5/2008 when UL hosted the SBC tournament.
    UL did get to one game over .500 (not counting ehibitions) on the last game of the year and faced Troy in tournament.

CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: The importance of going to the UL basketball game Thursday.

I'm in.

wcd35 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

That is a really long time.

Just like the NOLA Hornets, "I'M IN!" See you guys Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    For the first time since 2/19/2005 Ragin' Cajuns fans get to see a home game with their team having a winning record during the regular season in the Louisiana Cajun Dome. UL won that game vs UNT 80-67.

UL goes into Thursday's home game with a winning record 12-11. It should be a treat, it's been almost 7 years.

Thanks Coach Marlin.
    I definitely agree with you there Turbine. Huge game! I hope the house is louder than it has been recently.

raginsaints is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

I'll be there. Can't wait for the game. Hope we get a w to stay over .500

CajunAmos is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Thanks Coach Marlin.

I am going to try to be there too!

da pit will be there in full force

CajunRed is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by ynkfan42 View Post
    da pit will be there in full force

The rest of the Dome feeds off of YOU guys. Keep it load!

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Thanks Coach Marlin.
    Leave it to Turbine to come up with some pertinent history. Right now we are fifth in the conference in attendance after leading it last year. Perhaps we will have increased support in the last four games allowing us to move up in that stat. As far as the bigger picture is concerned, there is a correlation between being fifth and not having a winning record in 7 years. Lots of people have lost interest in that time and it will take some consistent winning to bring some back. Lack of consistent shooting also makes the games frustrating for all at times. Coaches know that and that is why three guys who they believe will be good shooters will join the program next season.

Hard to believe that! Wow! In fact, that is a shocking stat ... I'm definitely gonna be there! Let's get ready to be LOUD!

what time does the game start...if i get out of class early enough im gonna go

Cajunsmike is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    what time does the game start...if i get out of class early enough im gonna go
    Start time for Thursday's game is 7:05 PM

15. Default Men's Basketball: Men's Hoops Begins Final Month of Regular Season Thursday vs.

The Ragin’ Cajuns men’s basketball team begins the final month of the regular season on Thursday hosting Denver at the Cajundome. It’s a matchup pitting two teams at 6-3 in Sun Belt play seeking to move within one-half game of SBC West leader UALR.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Men's Basketball: Men's Hoops Begins Final Month of Regular Season Thursday

If this team with a "winning" record can win tonight . . . I predict we will look back and view this game as a -get over the hump- turning point for the basketball program.

jmo

Default Re: Men's Basketball: Men's Hoops Begins Final Month of Regular Season Thursday

We need some loud football fans to show up tonight, they can yell at the wrong time

Quote Originally Posted by NCAA or BUST View Post
    We need some loud football fans to show up tonight, they can yell at the wrong time
    As long as I get my spot right behind the bench Im all for loud football fans. I just dont want to deal with the idiots that always got kicked out for cursing, rascism or throwing stuff

Default Re: The importance of going to the UL basketball game, Tonight

I just hope we have more than 3K.

DieHard1280 is online now Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: The importance of going to the UL basketball game, Tonight

WOW, I had not realized that. That is a looong time. I wish I could be there. I know it's a long shot, but this team still has a chance at winning 20 games this year. Let's get behind them!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast